Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Watch "Circles" by Digitalism



Forget about his voice, forget about the 80s clap trap in the background, and just listen to the beat and think about all the awesome remixes that will come out of this.

But honestly, the beats incredibly heavy on this one, and I just love it so much, it reminds me of how much I love electro-rock. It may not be as melodically catchy as their other songs like "Pogo" or "Blitz" but just like my previous post about what Weekend is doing, I feel like Digitalism is trying to go back a decade or two and trying to go for a much more 80s revival vibe.

The video itself is nothing really that special. Pretty similar to Blitz, actually, people dancing, some strange images, and then, oh, what's this? more people dancing at their concerts.

I strongly recommend you check out their older songs, but I guess now is not the time for that. Now is the time of buying their new LP if you are big fans of Digitalism.

And thanks to Some Kind of Awesome for the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment