Monday, May 14, 2012

Echo and The Bunnymen

"Been too long since the last time..."

Creepy. Easily one of the creepiest lines from one of the creepiest made for TV movies of all time. But, in all seriousness, it has been ages. Eons. Epochs. Whatever.

Today, I'm going to talk about a great song. This song is called "Killing Moon". Heard of it? Great, me too, we have so much in common.  Wait, how did you hear about this song? Donnie Darko? It was in Donnie Darko? Lets talk about something else, shall we?

Donnie Darko aside, I enjoy this song for some reason. Why? Because it's sort of poppy, with jangling guitars and a surf rock vibe. It also has strings, and everyone knows strings are great, whether it's string cheese or string theory. But I digress.  Maybe it more or less has to do with the fact that I've been into proto and post punk for a while.

As for what the song is about. I don't know. death? "Fate, up against your will, through the thick and thin, he will wait until, you give yourself to him". Yeah, that's death. Death is always standing right outside your door, is what I gather from it. But I could be waaay off. And I'm pretty morbid, so who knows.

If you want to hear the song, just look it up on youtube. This site has changed so god damn much since I was last here, I have no idea what's going on. Kind of like this review/rant.

Next time, I think I'll talk about either The Cramps, The Melvins or The Sisters of Mercy. hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment